Calligrapher artist & graphic designer
Throughout his career Ovidiu developed a close relationship with imperfection and in his case the creative process is an integrated part of the end product. Honesty towards oneself, undisguised interest in the client's wishes and owning the designers communicative role are the principles that guide his work. Hrin founded the Synopsis™ graphic design office in 2001, specialising in CD covers, posters, logos, but also complex communication and orientation systems that stand out through visual humour, irony and a playful approach to visual clichés..
In 2011 he founded Typopassage Timişoara - a network of micro-museums placed in the public space meant for posters, graphic design and the letter modelling art. With these actions Ovidiu aimed to emphasise in the public's eye the importance of graphic design and typography as mandatory features of the cultural space where these are used as main means of communication.
6 – 7 October 2022, OARB, the attic – str. Sf. Constantin nr. 32, 10.00 am
Calligraphy Workshop with Ovidiu Hrin – Synopsis, Timișoara. 2 days x 6 hours
For two days will focus on training the participants to create a work using texts (poetry, lyrics) and calligraphic writing, under the guidance of the coordinator. Participants (preferably with a basic knowledge of calligraphy) will use their artistic expression and the knowledge gained in the workshop to create a work of their own. The content is their choice. It is recommended to select themes related to urban culture and memory. Participants can select or prepare in advance a fragment (poem, quote, etc.) that represents them, of their free choice.
– Practicing calligraphic writing, under the guidance of the coordinator
– Acquiring knowledge and practical information in order to create a calligraphic work (use of techniques, types of writing, preparing the writing board, terms of composition, etc.)
– Examples and recommendations on different calligraphy techniques and tools (parallel pen, pen, pen, ink, paper) to explore the possibilities of calligraphy (some knowledge of the basics of calligraphy is recomandable)
– Practicing the conception and independent creation of a calligraphy work
– Technical and artistic feedback and coordination
day 1 – (calligraphy workshop – 1/2) – presentation of techniques, concepts, coordination
day 2 – (calligraphy workshop – 2/2) – coordination, feedback, guidance of participants
LEVEL: entry level
DURATION: 2 days X 6 hours
COST: 255 lei (52Eu)
REQUIREMENTS: CV + letter of intent
NO. SEATS: 15
Bucharest Graphic Days package:
– screen printed cotton bag
– Calligraphy Kit (paper, case + nib 3 mm, ink pen, pencil, eraser, ruler kit)